Are you a member of any online communities?
I am a member of WebJunction. I hadn't considered it a social networking site. However, I can understand why it might be considered to be one. It's a place to share information with like-minded people. I suspect that it has lots of features I haven't explored yet.
I joined Ning. I was able to locate another librarian I knew, so that was fun. One of the campuses in my system has Ning group for its campus, and another for its online faculty. I think that Ning is a great place for online faculty (or people who work for a common goal but rarely or never get to meet.) It's a way to limit the feeling of isolation which might happen for people who work online.
I like Ning much better than MySpace. It's less personal, so I feel like I'm a bit more protected and anonymous.
I haven't explored in Gather yet. Until I read this Thing, I hadn't heard of Gather.
I like that Shelfari is an entire social networking site devoted to books!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment